Monday, July 7, 2008

Show and Tell

Unfortunately, we were not together for the 4th of July, but talked everyday. I decided last week that I would attend a family reunion in La; however Anthony could not be there as he had to work. Knowing that this would be the first time I got to show my beautiful ring to family and tell the romantic story of our engagement I was bummed that my new fiancĂ©e would not be there for this family gathering or spend time together for our first holiday as an engaged couple. The reunion was three days of fun filled days getting back in connection with extended family. I meet new cousins, even found out I had some relatives right here in Austin and as close as Dallas. There was even more new of engagement for two of my cousins and they all wanted the details about my ring that Anthony picked out. Everyone adored my ring and can’t wait to meet my husband to be. Especially, my sister and mother, who I think is adjusting that her youngest daughter is getting married. The love story and engagement just confirmed that he and I are meant to be; no one that heard the story didn’t consider us to be faith, and we can’t agree more! Exhausted from eating, cleaning, playing cards and getting ate up by mosquitoes, I was so ready to come back home. My uncle dropped me off and there I see Anthony walking our dogs. I was so excited to be back. Little did I know that he had found an article of Austin’s best restaurants, places to see the sunset and for wedding venues. Sounds like he’s ready to start planning! How Fun!

No comments: