Thursday, February 5, 2009

The One

Anthony arrives home from work and I’m pretty much ready to drive to Houston to try on the dress.  A bit nervous but very excited from the first time I saw this dress I knew it was the one.  Unfortunately, no bridal store had it to see in person so I had to order it and just hope that I made the right decision.  So I left home and let my mom and Val know I was on my way.  Getting out of town was a breeze, the traffic was light and the day was peaceful, until I reached 290 and that confirmed I was back in Houston.  Called Val to let her know my whereabouts and picked her up from work.  As we arrived to the store we noticed my parent’s car so my mom was already there.  We walk upstairs and I see my mom’s smiling happy.  Both happy to see me and smiling at the beauty of my dress.  Oh wow, it’s beautiful and everything I wanted.  When I tried it on it seemed to be a bit tight, but I’m working on that.  Looks like I need to lose at least 3 to 5 inches in the hip area.  But over all that dress was beautiful and made me feel like a princess.  All I could think about was seeing Anthony’s face when I walk down the isle to him.  I did get a bit emotional but I was able to contain it.  My mother kept telling me how beautiful and elegant the dress was and Val loved it too.  So, the decision is made, this is my dress.  While we were there, Val tried on her bridesmaid dress again which standing side by side complimented my gown.  Next we looked a veils.  Easily enough I found the perfect one.  It has the bling that matched my gown and the décor of our wedding.  Everything is coming together so well!  It feels so real and close now.  I don’t want to take it off.  But I have to and get back on the road to Austin.  So, I’m driving back home and I’m just smiling.  Spoke with my hairstyle to get her caught up and wanted her to start thinking of a great style to compliment the gown.  Then I made it home.  Greeted by my dogs and wonderful finance.  It was a great day.  But I was pooped so I went to bed early.

No comments: