Monday, September 22, 2008

The Extravaganza

WOW, Can you say house party!  Valerie had plans to come up the weekend for the Bridal Extranganza which was Sunday, September 14th.  Well, Hurricane Ike had plans to come to Houston durning the same time so Val asked if she could bring her babies, Binki and Milo (the cats).  My parent evacuated for the hurricane and make it to Austin on Thursday morning with my sister's dog Buster (bunny ears).  My friends Patience, Tameka and Greg with their family's told me that they would be making it up to Austin due to the circumstances as well.  So, Valerie made it Friday night.  A trip that should have taken 2 1/2 hours took almost 6.  My parents, Val, uncle Nat, Tameka, her husband and sons were over Saturday and we rented movies, barbecued, got beer and watched the football game.  It was a party!  Plus I got my "hair did" while Tameka was here too.  I should have seen us looking in Austin for a black hair care store.  But we found one on the East side near downtown.  Okay, so it's Sunday.  My mom, Val and I attended the Bridal Extravaganza and we had a blast.  My stomach was a little upset but Val and Mom ate enough cake, gelato, appetizers and punch for everyone.  And, I'm happy to say I got out of the show what I wanted which was to find a florist!  Well, our company stayed for a week as Hurricane Ike took out must for the power in Houston.  Thank God when the return everyone's house was still standing however had wind and rain damage.  That is what insurance is for and we enjoyed the mini vacation!  We miss you all!

No comments: