Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Anniversary Story of Us
Monday, October 13th was our one year anniversary of dating. My honey, Anthony, sent me to the spa for a 60 minute massage, mani, pedi and took me out to eat. We both can't believe how the time has passed by. But they say time flies when you are having fun . . . and we have fun, lots of fun together. So much that we haven't updated our blog. Okay, so this is how the love story started. I've had my heart broken in this life, but I'd never given up on the perfect man, God made for me. Up until the age of 29 I had made some great accomplishments in my life. I finished high school in Houston, college, traveled, found great job, purchased my first brand new home, and changed jobs for career advancement and more money. Not all that in order but it happened. Shy of my 30th birthday, I was contently laid-off and single. I thought there was a need for a change because I had lived in my birth city all my life and something was calling me away from it. Two months after my birthday I started a new job, with a flexible career with room for advancement. But before I stared my job I attended a women only triathlon in Austin with Valerie. The locals called it ATX, I thought that was interesting, as I had hope to one day move to Atlanta, ATL. Later that month I was offered the opportunity to pilot our company in Austin. Wow right!?! I took the job, found an apartment, meet my new colleagues and started my new life with Duncan Punkin in late September. I had meet Anthony on January 2, 2007 via MySpace. He told me he was from Florida by way of Jamaica he finished high school in Miami, college, Marines, traveled and relocated to Austin a year before to launch his investment company with dog, Alexis, and in hopes to find is lost rib. When I told him I was moving, we found out that my apartment was less than 5 miles away from his place. So, we made plans to hang out on my second night in the city. We meet at the Alamo Draft house but he was a little late so we missed the movie. We drove down the street to the mall and caught the next showing of Rush Hour 3, both having a great sense of humor we were laughing the loudest in the theater. After that we saw each other pretty much everyday. He asked me to be his girlfriend October 13, 2007. We moved in together March '08, engaged July '08 and plan to be married 08/29/09 and that's our story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment