Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

The Cameron family including dog drove to Houston to have Thanksgiving dinner with my parents in Houston. It was so great because earlier that week we sent out emails and text to wish a happy Thanksgiving to family and friend and the whole week was just thankful wishes from people we love. Once we got to my parents with was so great to smell all the food and deserts however, that night we we're hungry. On Thanksgiving day we ate, ate and ate some more. Visited a few friends and called family. We went to Redbox and rented a few movies and just hung out. Of course my mother and I looked through the sale paper and marked all the things we wanted. Now, I've always been a early shopper and I don't like holiday crowds in store but there were a few things that we still need that we didn't receive on from our registry like a vacuum, luggage, sheet for our queen size bed and new pillow for our bed and the guest bedroom. So, we decided that the stores we would visit on Black Friday were JC Penny, Tuesday Morning and The Great Indoors. So, on Friday morning we all got up early! Anthony's student had a real estate appointment at 1pm so he had to drive back to home but would come back that night or Saturday morning. Dad got up and made breakfast for us and Mom and I got ready to shop. It's funny that I stated we got up early because it seem pretty late for the Black Friday sales (lol). We didn't leave the house until 8am and drove to JC Penny...we were in and out of there in no time. Seriously, I don't play around when it comes to shopping I get in and out. We were in the store shopping and walking out with our items in less than 30 minutes. Next stop was Tuesday morning...that opened late so when we got there we were the second shoppers car but people started to form a line. I normally don't roll like that but they had the Bissell vacuum on sale that I wanted so I told my mom to stay in the car until they opened the door and I got in line (3rd person). We could see the vacuum from the window so I told my mom the get the vacuum and I saw a device I wanted for Anthony as a stocking stuffer and I got that. We were 2nd to check out...in and out in less than 10 minutes. After we drove a few miles to The Great Indoor to check out a stove for my parents but didn't have one to see on display just in the catelog so we got out of there quick...of course my mom wanted to look around so we did. That was it got everything we wanted and was back home. It was a fun day spent with my mom. We wished my sister was there with us, we talked to her on the phone during our journey. After we were tired and just hung out...Anthony came back the same day but late that night. I was so happy that we was back and he liked my purchases and loved that I got everything on sale and didn't spend a lot of money. Good times...great memories!

No comments: