First let me give a great big thanks to my sister, Dee and best friend Valerie for hosting the shower! It was so beautiful and just what I imaged. You made it not only come true but better! Thank you so much and love you dearly! Also, thank you to all my guest, those friends and family that made it had a good time and if you missed it I hope you can make it to the bachelorette party! Okay how the weekend began, Anthony and I met my dad half way in Brenham and we arrived in Houston as scheduled on Friday evening. Dad dropped me off at my hair stylist to prepare me for the shower the next day. It was great hanging out with her and the other stylist....good, hilarious times! After her hubby picked us up and they wanted to see the house we had for lease. At this point it's after 10pm! I didn't have a key with me so we stopped over at my BFF's house to pick up the key but visited for a minute. The house was dark but we had a flash light. I never met my tenants in person but they were great and left the house in good shape and we still need to have the roofer come over to fix the effects of hurricane Ike. Anyway, they decided against the house as they have a one year old and the house as stairs. Anyhoo after they took me to my parents now it's after midnight. So the next morning I'm all excited and happy to be with family. My mom cooked breakfast and the family was back together just Daddy, Mommy, big sis and me...well Buster Bunny Ears too (dog)! We hang out and my sister left to take Buster to get groomed and run a few errands. I called Anthony and started to get ready when I realized I didn't bring my contacts lens and I didn't want to wear my glasses as many pictures would be taken. The good thing is I just need to go to the Eye Masters. The bad thing is I hadn't had a examination and they won't give me a pair without. So here we go, Mom and I trying to see if anyone had an appointment asap. Finally I get a appointment at noon at WestOaks Mall so I have to hurry shower and drive over. I took the toll way and got to my exit in less than 10 minutes however there was a funeral at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford where I missed 3 lights. So, of course I was five minutes late to my appointment and I called to let them know I would be tardy but when I got there they had other appointment and walk-ins so I had to wait 30 minutes. I power walk down the the nail salon to get my fingers and toes painted to kill time. Once I get back the Eye Master there was on person in with the Optometrist and one before me. Okay now I'm starting to panic. The shower starts at 2pm and it's almost 1pm. Finally it's my turn. She got me in and out of there and I got my lens....SWEET! Okay now I'm on my way back to my parents to brush teeth, put on makeup and dress. I got to the house at 1:25pm got ready and left at 1:45pm. I called Valerie to let her know I was on my way and make sure she had her camera. She did so I drive straight there. I get there and see my friend Carmella and was going to wait for her but she wasn't ready so I wait into Ouisie's Table. OMG! The deco was beautiful and my family and friends were in attendance. I was overjoyed! I walked around and greeting my guest and we immediately started eating however it was getting warm. We were advised that the AC was frozen over and they were working on it. We ate some more and started playing games and having even more fun. First, everyone had to introduce themselves and state how they know me, other games were they couldn't say the words Anthony or wedding, Word Scramble, How knows the bride best, Finish the famous saying, Name famous couples and a few more. Prizes were given out to the winners and we took pictures. Then we opened gift and there were many! I was so honored by the love I received. It was so much fun opening the gifts! Then we had cake and my sister, Dee and best friend Val made a speech and we toasted with champagne. It was great. After I was presented with a cute box that was filled with notes from my guest and they all had when I should open them like...When he makes me mad, On our wedding night, and After the honeymoon is over the fun really start. It was perfect! The party was over at 5pm but was stayed a bit later just catching up with some friends I hadn't seen in year as I've been gone from Houston for 2 years. When the bill was settled by my sister we got the gift in the car and drove home. Valerie dropped her mom off and her house and changed clothes and picked me up at my parents and we hung out with my friend Steve aka Stevie-T and has beautiful daughter Mia. We had fun caught up, Val heard several funny stories and they we had dinner hung out a bit more then Val dropped me back off at my parents. It was a great day!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Kitchen and Bath Bridal Shower
First let me give a great big thanks to my sister, Dee and best friend Valerie for hosting the shower! It was so beautiful and just what I imaged. You made it not only come true but better! Thank you so much and love you dearly! Also, thank you to all my guest, those friends and family that made it had a good time and if you missed it I hope you can make it to the bachelorette party! Okay how the weekend began, Anthony and I met my dad half way in Brenham and we arrived in Houston as scheduled on Friday evening. Dad dropped me off at my hair stylist to prepare me for the shower the next day. It was great hanging out with her and the other stylist....good, hilarious times! After her hubby picked us up and they wanted to see the house we had for lease. At this point it's after 10pm! I didn't have a key with me so we stopped over at my BFF's house to pick up the key but visited for a minute. The house was dark but we had a flash light. I never met my tenants in person but they were great and left the house in good shape and we still need to have the roofer come over to fix the effects of hurricane Ike. Anyway, they decided against the house as they have a one year old and the house as stairs. Anyhoo after they took me to my parents now it's after midnight. So the next morning I'm all excited and happy to be with family. My mom cooked breakfast and the family was back together just Daddy, Mommy, big sis and me...well Buster Bunny Ears too (dog)! We hang out and my sister left to take Buster to get groomed and run a few errands. I called Anthony and started to get ready when I realized I didn't bring my contacts lens and I didn't want to wear my glasses as many pictures would be taken. The good thing is I just need to go to the Eye Masters. The bad thing is I hadn't had a examination and they won't give me a pair without. So here we go, Mom and I trying to see if anyone had an appointment asap. Finally I get a appointment at noon at WestOaks Mall so I have to hurry shower and drive over. I took the toll way and got to my exit in less than 10 minutes however there was a funeral at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford where I missed 3 lights. So, of course I was five minutes late to my appointment and I called to let them know I would be tardy but when I got there they had other appointment and walk-ins so I had to wait 30 minutes. I power walk down the the nail salon to get my fingers and toes painted to kill time. Once I get back the Eye Master there was on person in with the Optometrist and one before me. Okay now I'm starting to panic. The shower starts at 2pm and it's almost 1pm. Finally it's my turn. She got me in and out of there and I got my lens....SWEET! Okay now I'm on my way back to my parents to brush teeth, put on makeup and dress. I got to the house at 1:25pm got ready and left at 1:45pm. I called Valerie to let her know I was on my way and make sure she had her camera. She did so I drive straight there. I get there and see my friend Carmella and was going to wait for her but she wasn't ready so I wait into Ouisie's Table. OMG! The deco was beautiful and my family and friends were in attendance. I was overjoyed! I walked around and greeting my guest and we immediately started eating however it was getting warm. We were advised that the AC was frozen over and they were working on it. We ate some more and started playing games and having even more fun. First, everyone had to introduce themselves and state how they know me, other games were they couldn't say the words Anthony or wedding, Word Scramble, How knows the bride best, Finish the famous saying, Name famous couples and a few more. Prizes were given out to the winners and we took pictures. Then we opened gift and there were many! I was so honored by the love I received. It was so much fun opening the gifts! Then we had cake and my sister, Dee and best friend Val made a speech and we toasted with champagne. It was great. After I was presented with a cute box that was filled with notes from my guest and they all had when I should open them like...When he makes me mad, On our wedding night, and After the honeymoon is over the fun really start. It was perfect! The party was over at 5pm but was stayed a bit later just catching up with some friends I hadn't seen in year as I've been gone from Houston for 2 years. When the bill was settled by my sister we got the gift in the car and drove home. Valerie dropped her mom off and her house and changed clothes and picked me up at my parents and we hung out with my friend Steve aka Stevie-T and has beautiful daughter Mia. We had fun caught up, Val heard several funny stories and they we had dinner hung out a bit more then Val dropped me back off at my parents. It was a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment