Sunday, June 21, 2009

Carmen's Wedding

My good friend Carmen married her long term love Joseph on June 20th in San Marcos, TX. They had a traditional Catholic ceremony. Anthony and I arrived at the church as Carmen was getting out to the limo. I told her she looked beautiful and we sat in the last pew on the right side as he had people standing...very large crowd. As the mass approached the communion time many people got up to receive it. We were seated right in the middle of our row, Anthony to my right. So, when it was time for our pew to get up I was the only one the wanted to receive it. When I got up he two many at the end got up rather quickly and one of the glass vases holding a flower arrangement fell making a loud noise. Everyone turned around and looked at me I was so embarrassed. As I walked up to the priest it seems that everyone was looking at me. When I received communion and headed back they were still picking up the glass and flowers. The men and I exchanged smiles and next thing you know Carmen was married! Then we were off to the reception which was South on I35 a the new Embassy Suites. We arrived at the cocktail hour signed the unique guest book and the staff took our gift, we purchased a drink and ate from the display of cheese and assorted crackers. The Mariachi band started to play and we got excited because we knew the bride and groom were on there way. There they are...Mr. & Mrs. Alvarez, such a beautiful couple. With Carmen and Joseph you knew they are great friends. The reception doors and we sat a the table, conversed with the other guest and started to eat at the seated dinner. After dinner there were toasted, dancing and cutting of the cake. Fabulous entertainment with a DJ and a live band! It was a beautiful wedding, so honored to be a witness and we will them both a long happy life filled with love. Congratulations!

No comments: