Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Christmas Eve 2009
This would be our first year driving to Louisiana alone. My parents drove up a few days earlier, to see my sister's new house and to help her prepare for the fest we have every year. My sister is an amazing cook...and likes to cook. A trait I didn't get! I'm more like my mom and feel like cooking is a chore. Maybe I'll like it more, as Anthony makes it easy. He'll eat anything I cook and is very appreciative. But for now I'll keep my magnet up on our frig that states, "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house". So, we wake up Christmas Eve got all the bags packed, gifts packed and in the car. Got the dogs feed and in the car and we started our eight hour road trip. Despite the rainy weather, we didn't get lost, and made it in good time. Our Tom Tom GPS that Anthony got me last year has really been helpful. If you directionally challenged like me...it a great investment. So, once we got close I called my sister and verified we were in the right area. My sister now lives in a beautiful gated community and her house is lovely. We didn't unpack our bags right away because it was still raining but it was great being out of the car. Once we arrived my sister and Anthony went to the store to drinks and movies. While I relaxed with my parents and the dogs. Once they return the fun began...we ate and my sister, Mom and I played on the Wii and Wii Fit. I was a sight to see let me tell ya. My nephew and cousin Big Rob came over and hung out a bit and then it was time to sleep so we could wake up and get breakfast and dinner ready for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment