Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Christmas 2009
I woke up to my sister letting the dogs out of her utilities room and telling them to go potty. But of course our Duncan Punkin sniffed us out and started to sniff under the door. Anthony was still asleep so I knew I was the one that would have to get up let him in to see what's going on and then he would go potty. After getting up and saying good morning to my sister I went back to my room to brush my hair, wash my face and brush my teeth. Leaving the bathroom my Mom was up so she got ready and we started to make breakfast and finish the Christmas diner my sister had planned. The menu was fabulous! Little did I know my dad de-veined the shrimp for me (thank you so much daddy)! However, my sister game me a new chore...pealing and chopping garlic. This was horrible I disliked it a lot. Not sure which I hate the most but I'm hoping next year someone else will do those. I worked on that garlic for at least 2 hours. During the time we prepared breakfast...ate as we cooked the dinner. Right after breakfast my brother in laws family came over to visit and greet us with holiday wishes. It was great seeing and hear his dad and mine talk about old days and how things have changed. Guess, my nephew heard both his grandfather talking so he woke up and hung out with us. Unfortunately Anthony was still as sleep. After they left we all took turns getting ready for the dinner guest to arrive...at no set time. So, I finally got Anthony up and we were all up and ready. Presents Time: We had so much fun opening gifts. My parents got a restaurant gift card, a laptop and a picture of our wedding. My nephew got a plasma tv, gift card, appliances for his apartment, toilet paper, clothes and a picture of our wedding. My sister and husband received there house, gift cards, and a picture of our wedding. We also, got a picture of the wedding as a gift for my MaDear. We got cordless telephones, gift card, new cell phone, towels, video/camera, and speaker phone for the card. Don't know how but Anthony got two Polo shirts (a personal gift) hmmm. First to arrive was my cousin Robert, my dad's brother, Uncle Ike and brother in law Torrie and my twice Terrell. Then my cousin Myrtle and her husband. They just got married the first weekend in December and she gave us the greatest gift to announce they're pregnant. How exciting! Several other family members and friends of the family came by. Toward the end of the day my parents left with my nephew to see his apartment but I didn't go. Antoine knows why! And by the end of the day people we full off good food, drinking, watching the game, playing cards, kids playing and having fun, some where watching movies. It was a full house full of people and fun! So we cleaned up and went to bed. The next day we had to get up, eat breakfast, pack, review the laptop with my parents....web cam it too cool! It's Saturday and Anthony had to be at work at 6pm. So he drove to Texas and I drove to Austin. It was such a great trip and we love being with family and friends. Hope everyone was as blessed as we were and were able to enjoy Christmas with the one(s) you love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment