Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Eve 2010

After my friends visited in October we decided to have a new years eve party at my BBF Val's house. Before Thanksgiving I sent out an Evite and invited several friends. After all the Maybe-s and No-s we have about 30 RSVPs which is a good number. Val and I are in charge of decoration, drinks, ice, cups napkins, utensils, games, music, pictures & video. And Leanittia and Brandice cooked and made dessert. Leanittia also was the bartender. So, on Thursday our bags were packed got the dogs and drove to Houston. I hadn't gotten the decoration yet so once we made it to Houston, we stopped by Party City (where everyone and their Mom was at) found cute flutes, decorations, balloons, and noise makers. We picked up the sodas and ice and I wanted a cute outfit so Anthony took me to the mall, which I thought would be crowded but it wasn't and headed to Vals. Once we got there we helped her get things together. Started to decorate and get in the mood. We knew this was going to be a fun night. Brandice came over and help her prepare some of the food, but most of hers was ready. Then Leanittia and her bestfriend from ATL arrived and we helped her finish her food preparation. After, it was getting closer to the start of the party so Brandice, Anthony and I went upstairs to get ready. Unfortunately, I missed meeting Hummer but I'll meet him next time. Once I was ready we started to get several phone calls for directions and sooner than you know the party began. We had right at our estimate of 30 people. We ate, ate and ate some more. Drank, drank and drank a lot. Danced, danced and danced some more. Then we started to play games (MadGab) terrible...this game was to hard for people who had been consuming alcohol to understand. That being said the team Anthony and I were on won! Next thing we know it's time to count down. 3-2-1 HAPPY NEW YEAR! There were kisses and hugs and happy new year gestures all over the place. Nothing but love! The Dick Clark show and BET had live performances that we tuned into. Totally the song of the night was Rhianna...So Hard! The great thing was that everyone made it home safely and we all had a great time. Hope you did it's 2010 BABY!

No comments: