Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 2nd

So today is Saturday. Anthony left me in Houston as he had to go back to work so he and Alexis returned to Austin. I stayed because I needed to get something done to my Houston residence and he was returning on Monday as he had a closing in Houston. Once Anthony left we got ready as we had kidnapped Ashan long enough so we took him home and ate at Frenchy's Chicken on Scott. I mean it has been years...like 9 or 10 since I've eaten there. It was good and I enjoyed it. After we drove back to Vals. I thought my cousin Donyale's house party was today but when I called my Mom she confirmed it was yesterday and we missed it. Darn. I'll see him next time. So, Val wanted to start attending church at Lakewood on Saturday night as this is a mega church and with her schedule Saturday's are best. As my previous post advise I watch Lakewood every Sunday I don't attend church. I was excited to attend church in there new location in Houston. When we arrived everyone was nice, happy and casual. The come as you are church I like. In the new location we didn't know where to go so I saw a friendly face and asked. So interesting this man introduced us to a lady named Dalatta (very similar to my sister's name) however, she looked like Anthony's mom. She asked Val about joining the church and all the groups and activities it has to offer. As we were walking we noticed we were on the floor level and they asked us to wait to be seated. We ended up waiting for about 3-5 minutes. It was okay because the choir was singing and it was the best! Then the guide told us to follow him and as we walked closer, closer and closer to front row, I grabbed Val's hand. They walked us to the first row seats 2 and 3. OMG!!! In the next section over was Joel and his family. We were both overcome with warm good feels. The Christian music concert went on for about 30 minutes. Then Joel came up and gave us the beautiful message of a new day and have faith. He did get a bit chocked up but I think it's because of the hope he has for his Christian sisters and brothers. After he asked if anyone wanted pray...so I went up and prayed for my parents health and the pray the my husbands faith strengthen. The lady that prayed for my family had such touching words that I began to cry and I mean CRY! So I walk back to my seat and Val is waiting on pray. She was prayed for by Joel Osteen's Mom, Dodie Osteen. She looked really good and healthy. It was such a wonderful service. And, I hope I'm able to join Valerie again soon! It was a great 2nd day!

No comments: