Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st

It's about 8am in the morning and our dogs need to go potty. So I get up...but at that moment I was so happy and thankful. Here I am with my husband and dogs (which are my kids) in a new year. I felt so blessed and excited! In that moment, I knew this year would be a challenging one, but one full of success and next wonderful beginnings. The dogs and I quietly made it to the back door and let them out. I didn't see Brandice or Leannittia, as I thought they were going to stay. But, Ashan was sleeping on the couch. I check in the other bedrooms and saw Carmella and Val. I when back upstairs and wash my face and brushed my teeth. But, I was hungry so I went back downstairs. Ashan woke up, then Val and Carmella. No surprise Anthony was still asleep. My sweetheart is a terrible sleeper. He never wants to go to sleep but when he does he crashes. His body is in hibernation. Once Val got up she made breakfast and we all ate and sat around talking with our blankets on. It was such a relaxing day. We just reflected on last night and our resolutions for this year. But then everyone started to nod off...first Val, then Ashan then Carmella. So, I went back upstairs and called my parents and sister to wish then happy new year. It was just me the dogs and Valerie's cats were awake. For about 2 hours everyone was out but then I heard a noise. Carmella was getting ready, Ashan was up, but he ate the remainder of the breakfast so when Anthony woke up he had to eat leftovers. Val woke up and we watched Transformers and hung out. Brandice called and left her credit card and id, so she was on her way back to pick those items up. Once she got there we ate some more, played Family Fued, Scattergories, Taboo, Catch Phrase and Wii Sport. It was a lot of fun. Anthony was the first to fall asleep and me. Day 1 was a good day!


No comments: