Monday, November 10, 2008
Tribute to Love and Friendship
This past week I was informed that a very dear friend passed away during surgery. Jennifer's funeral was held in Houston at Braeswood Assembly of God church at 11am. Of course it was fast planning so Anthony could not travel with me. So we got a rental car for me Friday morning and both headed to work. That afternoon I got off work went home, packed and got on the road by 7pm. On the road, so many friends called to check up on me, Anthony, Val, Brandice, Neena, Carmen and Demi. It was so great to hear from my friends and they wanted to make sure I arrived safely. Once in Houston, I ended up at Demi's house to settled there for the night. Her gentleman friend named Anthony, AKA Tony or Art came by and entertained us for awhile. I hung out with are twins then headed to bed to get ready for the next day. It was strange waking up the next morning knowing I was there to say good bye in this lifetime to Jennifer. I left Demi's house and headed to the church. Forgetting the city I grew up in, I texted Neena and Maribel for directions as I went the wrong way and was a bit tardy for the funeral. A little nervous I went in the church and found my friends on the 4th row saving a seat for me. The funeral wasn't very long but in that hour, we hugged, held hands, prayed, cried and laughed together. It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I attended, and I know Jennifer would be proud of her friends and family. Afterwards the long time friends, and past co-worker gathered to celebrate her life and catch up a bit. Everyone wanted to see my ring and congratulated me, it was so nice being with them. I wasn't able to attend the grave site ceremony as I needed to go to my parents house to pick up a few thing, eat and head back. So I texted Taupe, Jennifer's beloved husband's brother to let him know I wouldn't be there but to pass my love to Eno. On the way home for that first hour or so I sat in the car with the music off and windows down as it was a beautiful day. And I thanked Jennifer for gathering the Steward gang together again, I thought of my grandmother and parent and thanked God for giving such role models and wonderful mentors. I thought about Anthony and how he is not perfect and sometimes we do argue and get upset with each other, but I'm so happy we are together in love and don't dwell. But overall I reviewed my life and I've been so honored and bless to have such a great one this far and trust in God to continue to lift me and fill me with joy. My prayer is that before we leave this world we can look back and be happy and proud of what we've done here. And if we are not...change it today. Live life to the fullest, love and care for as many as you can, be happy and praise God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment