Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bitter Sweet

What a day, what a day! Yesterday was was very emotional for us. We woke up to a brand new work week. Happy, healthy and overall blessed. Awaiting the news of who our new president would be. Knowing that a few days earlier his grandmother passed away before learning the results. But then Monday, I was communicating with my good friend Jennifer Usanga and she told me that she would be going into surgery Tuesday morning and it would take 3-5 hours starting at 7:30am. Unfortunately yesterday I received a phone call from our mutual friend Brandice, informing me that she did not make it through surgery and passed away from a heart attack. I couldn't believe it! This just make me look at my own life and really be appreciative with where I am in life and live each day happy and with the most you have to give. I posted a note on her myspace page and to her wonderful husband Eno. Anthony and I also sent him a email just to let him know we cared and loved her and we are here for him. What a afternoon! Later that evening I spoke with several friends on the phone awaiting the presidential results and discussing life, was once again so thankful for knowing them and being able to speak with them during the exciting time. It was almost 10pm so I went to pick up Anthony from work and we turned on talk radio where we heard the results that Obama was the presidental - elect. We kissed at the traffic light and will always remember we were together with Duncan Punkin in the car when we found out the news. What a night! Remember that today is always a gift, live life to the fullest!

No comments: